Here is our Singapore-Cambridge GCE Advanced Level (A-Level) rank point calculator.
Your total A-Level rank points are based on your grades in your Higher 1 (H1) and Higher 2 (H2) A-Level subjects.
H1 A-Level subjects involved in the calculation of rank points include H1 Project Work (PW), H1 General Paper (GP) and optionally H1 Mother Tongue Language (MTL).
A-Level Rank Point Calculator for Rank Points Without MTL
A-Level Rank Point Calculator for Rank Points With MTL
What are some other names for the A-Level rank point calculator?
- A-Level points calculator
- A-Level RP calculator
- A-Level score calculator
- Junior college (JC) rank points calculator
- University Admission Point (UAP) calculator
- University Admission Score (UAS) calculator
How does the A-Level rank point calculator compute total rank points?
- The calculator first inputs your H1 and H2 A-Level grades into the A-Level rank point system. This is to determine what rank points you scored in every H1 and H2 subject.
- To compute your total rank points without MTL, the calculator sums your rank points in every H1 and H2 subject except H1 MTL.
- To compute your total rank points with MTL, the calculator sums your rank points in every H1 and H2 subject, including H1 MTL, and multiplies this sum by 0.9.
What is the A-Level rank point system?
If you take four H2 A-Level subjects, the rank point system below converts your lowest H2 subject grade into H1 subject rank points.
|Marks (%)||A-Level Subject Grade||H2 A-Level Subject Rank Points||H1 A-Level Subject Rank Points|
|70 to 100||A||20||10|
|60 to 69||B||17.5||8.75|
|55 to 59||C||15||7.5|
|50 to 54||D||12.5||6.25|
|45 to 49||E||10||5|
|40 to 44||S||5||2.5|
|0 to 39||U||0||0|
What are the A-Level rank point calculator’s two types of computed total rank points used for?
Local universities take into account the higher of your two types of total rank points during the undergraduate admissions process.
To estimate your chances of admission to a local university, you can compare the higher of your two total rank points to the university’s Indicative Grade Profile (IGP).